Jyotiraditya Scindia belongs to the Scindia royal family and owns the Jai Vilas Mahal is a very large palace and this palace was built in the year 1874 by Srimanta Jayaji Rao Scindia. How grand this palace is can be gauged from the fact that this palace is spread over 40 acres and the walls of this Mahal are decorated with gold and silver.
Jyotiraditya Scindia Jai Vilas palace Mahal
This palace located in Gwalior is the palace of the Scindia royal family. The palace also houses the Jivajirao Scindia Museum which has been opened to the public. In this museum, things related to the history of Scindia family are kept. This museum was opened to the public in the year 1964.
The Scindia Raj family still lives in this palace and tourists from abroad also come to Gwalior to see this palace Jyotiraditya Scindia, a descendant of the Scindia family lives with his family in this palace.
Today we are going to tell you how beautiful the Jai Vilas Palace is and the features associated with this palace. Which is like this
- The Jai Vilas Palace was built by Sir Michael Philose. The palace was valued at $ 200 million in the year 1874.
- This palace is built in a very grand way and its architecture is very beautiful.
- The first floor of this palace is built in Tuscan style.
- This palace is decorated with Italian-Doric and Corinthian style.
- It is said that the help of foreign artisans was also taken to build this palace.
- There are a total of 400 rooms in this palace and in all the rooms it is a 400-room royal palace of Jyotiraditya Scindia, the room is adorned with gold-silver and priceless gems.
- The walls of many rooms of the Jai Vilas Palace palace have also been painted gold.
- This palace has a 3500 kg chandelier which is very grand and beautiful to see. This chandelier is located in the court hall of Jai Vilas Palace.
- Another chandelier is also attached to this chandelier. Elephants were used to hang these chandeliers in the hall. About 10 elephants are believed to have been roofed through wooden ramps.
- The installation of these chandeliers was completed in 7 days. These chandeliers are mounted on 48 feet high ceilings. These chandeliers are made from Belgian glass.
The dining hall of this palace is very big and beautiful. There are many tables in this dining hall and these tables have silver train which is used to serve food. The beauty and grandeur of the Jai Vilas Palace is seen on the spot. If you go to Madhya Pradesh then definitely go to see this palace. The museum of this palace has very beautiful things related to the royal family. Whose mind will make you happy